Version 1.6.0 is out!
Posted on February 1st, 2021 in News by Mikael
-Multi-User support (beta)
-Set section plane from IFC storeys/levels
-"Quick jump" to specific storey/level
-Revit 2021 support
-Improved IFC importer and faster loading of .grx-files
Multi-User quick start:
1) Works only with floating licenses
2) No in-built voice-chat (will come in next version). Use Discord (www.discord.com) or Teams, etc. and select VR-headset headphones/microphone
3) Connect with or without VR headset (i.e. Desktop mode also supported)
4) Make sure everybody loads the same file!
5) Select a meeting ID, like "Company A 123" (or generate a unique one at Collaboration->Generate New Meeting ID...)
6) Go to Collaboration->Connect to Meeting...
7) Type Meeting ID (make sure everybody uses the same meeting ID)
8) Choose a nickname
9) Click "Connect"
10) Have meeting!
11) Go to Collaboration->Disconnect from Meeting when you're done
Note #1: VR-mode is currently only supported on NVIDIA graphics cards!
Note #2: Running BIMXplorer directly from Revit 2020/2021 may lead to periodic frame rate drops (due to Revit background processes). Saving the file (.grx) and open in standalone version of BIMXplorer will solve such issues.